This presentation by Craig Morris, Managing Attorney for Trademark Outreach at the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) will introduce you to the world of trademarks, including:
* How trademarks, copyrights, patents, domain names, and business name registrations differ;
* Why it's important for any business to select a trademark that will be both federally registrable and legally protectable;
* Critical factors when choosing your mark;
* The importance of doing a complete search and when an attorney should be used;
* What may happen if another trademark owner believes it has stronger rights in a mark and issues a "cease-and-desist" letter to you;
* What the USPTO does in the federal registration process and how to avoid scams perpetrated by companies requesting fees for services not required by the USPTO.
The SV SBDC will contact registered individuals regarding parking for this event. Click here to register.