The Virginia Tourism Corporation (VTC) is offering a reimbursable grant program to assist small tourism-related businesses and to bolster non-peak seasonal visitation. The grant application period opens Aug. 4, 2022, with applications due by 5 p.m. on Sept. 20, 2022.
Eligible applicants should be tourism-related businesses that have 20 or fewer full-time equivalent employees and can include, but are not limited to boutique retails shops; food trucks; attractions; craft breweries; distilleries; wineries; boutique lodging and B&Bs; outfitters; and events and festivals focused on attracting visitors during low visitation times.
Examples of eligible marketing expenses include but are not limited to digital advertising; social media boosts and sponsored ads; print advertising; hiring of photographers and videographers; rack cards, printing and placement costs at Virginia Welcome Centers and Safety Rest Areas; and display and promotional materials for trade shows and events.
Components of the grant program include:
- Who is eligible: Small tourism-related business with 20 or fewer full-time equivalent employees that can include but are not limited to boutique retail; restaurants; food trucks; attractions; craft breweries; distilleries; wineries; boutique lodging and B&Bs; outfitters; and events/festivals focused on non-peak seasonal visitation.
- Additional eligibility: Destination Marketing Organizations (DMOs), and groups such as Planning District Commissions, Economic Development Authorities (EDA’s) and Main Street organizations.
- Application Requirements: A targeted and research-based marketing plan that demonstrates how applicants will use the grant money for marketing and promotions to fulfill the purposes of the grant program.
- Match Requirement: 1:1 cash or in-kind marketing match.
- Maximum Award: $5,000
- Application Period: Opens: August 4, 2022, at 9 a.m. Closes: September 20, 2022, at
- 5 p.m.
- How to Apply: www.vatc.org/grants
For information and questions, please contact Staci Martin at firstname.lastname@example.org or call