Client Rights & Responsibilities
What you can expect from us:
- Equality in access to services regardless of race, creed, color, religion, sex, age, national origin or disability.
- Professional counseling services provided at no charge.
- Privacy regarding information shared with the SV SBDC: No information provided by you will be used to the commercial or other advantage of any staff member, consultant, or other resource of the SV SBDC or to the advantage of any third party.
- Confidentiality of your client status with SV SBDC: No public use of your name, address or business identity will be made without your express prior approval. (SV SBDC is required to provide limited information with respect to your client status to the U.S. Small Business Administration.)
- Reasonable fees for training programs, special services, and publications.
- Your acceptance of management and technical assistance from SV SBDC means that you agree to waive all claims against SV SBDC and its staff or any other resources employed by or used in connection with these services.
What we expect from you:
- Submit a Request for Counseling and Pre-Counseling Questionnaire prior to your first appointment.
- Prepare for meetings by completing requested forms, bringing materials that will assist the counselors in serving your needs, and providing requested financial and business data.
- Punctual attendance to all scheduled appointments, or give 24 hour notice if you need to cancel or reschedule.
- Complete periodic session evaluations and an annual Economic Impact Survey.