eCommerce for Modern Retail
In 2021, retail e-commerce sales amounted to approximately 4.9 trillion U.S. dollars worldwide. While ecommerce is expected to grow at a slower pace over the next few years, ecommerce share of retail sales is expected to increase to 23.6 % by 2025. However, as competition explodes, customer expectations evolve at a rapid pace, and questions revolve around DTC profitability, eCommerce companies must evolve.
Sponsored by Microsoft, Monday, August 29th, at 12 pm ET, The Center for Retail Transformation at George Mason University will host a virtual panel that examines the drivers for eCommerce success in the modern, post-pandemic retail era.
Topics covered will include
- What are the evolving customer expectations of eCommerce companies?
- Relatedly, what are the key challenges to delivering a superior shopper experience?
- How can eCommerce companies lower acquisition costs, increase conversion rates, and better retain customers?
- As competition proliferates and customer data becomes more dispersed, how can companies create a unified view of the customer to deliver value, increase loyalty, prevent switching behavior, and stand out in the sea of competition
- How can data, analytics, and technology allow companies to delight customers and unlock the next level of eCommerce growth?
The panelists are:
- Chris Jones –Chief Product Officer @Amperity
- Gihad Jawhar-Chief Technology Officer @CustomInk
- Lisa Bigelow-Director of Retail and Consumer Goods @Microsoft
- Tal Rotman-VP Global Partnerships and Business Development @Namogoo