James Madison University
1301 Carrier Drive, Harrisonburg, VA 22807
CONNECTIONS 2018 is the Harrisonburg-Rockingham Chamber’s largest business-to-business networking event of the year and provides education and relationship building opportunities.
This year, attendees can choose from different education sessions throughout the afternoon and attend an interactive and fun business resource fair and reception featuring nearly 40 chamber businesses.
2:00-5:00pm Educational Sessions.
The Educational Sessions will take place in class rooms and conference rooms within the Festival Center. A Complete schedule, room designation, and event map will be distributed when attendees arrive at the Festival Center.
2:00pm Educational Sessions
- Building Relationships through Networking - with Eric Barkey from JS Replogle, Sommer Hansen from Movement Mortgage, and Chris Jones from WHSV-TV3.
- Sexual Harassment in the Workplace - informational presentation by Connie Hess and Betsie Michael with Valley Engineering.
- 101- Beginner Social Media Course - with Marissa Andrick from Massanutten will bring insights into the basic fundamentals of using social media for your business.
- 201- Intermediate Social Media Course - with Evan Pettrey with Converge Local will dig into driving sales on demand with Facebook Ads.
3:00pm Educational Sessions
- Women's Panel: Dynamic Women - a panel discussion with Q & A. Mary Ann Alger, JMU First Lady, Kirsten Moore, Entrepreneur, Tammy Hudson, MillerCoors, and Vicki Krause, Sentara.
- Recruitment & Retention Tactics - Informational tricks of the trade by Sheri Bender with Pulse HR Solutions.
- Google Analytics - Join Sam Johnson from Immerge and Marissa Andrick from Massanutten as they bring great pointers and information that everyone can use to enhance your marketing.
4:00pm Educational Sessions
- Public Speaking - Learning to speak in front of any audience with authority, confidence, and impact with Wes and Cindy Dove from Dove Development & Consulting.
- Employer & Employee Relations - Robert McFarland with Transformational Impact will be giving insight from his book on the relationships between employer and employee.
- DIY - Video Hacks - Andy Vanhook from Appeal Productions will show you how to create a video to add another layer to your marketing. Make sure to bring smartphone, tablet, or a camera for this hands-on session
5:00-7:00pm Reception and Business Resource Fair - in the center ballroom at the Festival Center.
The Vendor Booth registration Early Bird Pricing is $175.00. Non-profit booths are $100 for a 10x10 space (only 10 booths available).
Your SV SBDC is proud to partner with the Chamber on this annual event - it's always informative and fun!
Stop by our booth and say Hello. Then register for a voucher for discounted SBDC event fees!