Request for Workshop Proposals - Business Smarts 2019
We are seeking presenters for our January-December 2019 Business Smarts Sessions on topics that help meet the many challenges of business management and ownership.
- Business Smarts sessions are held on the 2nd Friday of every month at the JMU Ice House, 127 W Bruce Street, Harrisonburg, from 8:00-9:30am.
- Session Topics might include: customer support, human resources, accounting & finance, legal issues, marketing, sales, operations, technology, competition, strategic planning, work/life balances, discussion of a business-oriented book, etc.
- A goal of every Business Smarts session is that attendees leave with practical information they can put to use in their business or professional life.
Your Proposal for a Business Smarts Presentation must include the following:
- A suggested title for your workshop
- Brief description of workshop content and the desired outcomes/take-aways for attendees
- Your Name, Title or Position, and Business Affiliation
- Contact info: Email address, Daytime phone number, Web address of business
- 3-4 sentences about your professional experience and/or education relevant to the topic
- Availability: indicate if there are any months Jan-Dec 2019 when you cannot present.
Submit your proposal via email with the subject line “Business Smarts Proposal” to: sheena@hrchamber and firstname.lastname@example.org
by 5:00pm, Friday, November 16, 2018.
Notes: 1) Incomplete proposals will be dis-regarded. 2) Professional expertise on the subject matter should be self-evident in the content. We do not allow presentations to be used as “infomercials” or solicitations for a specific business, product, or service.
FYI: Here’s a Typical Agenda for Business Smarts sessions:
7:30-7:50 Arrivals and set-up for Presenter. Coffee and donuts provided.
8:00 Chamber/SBDC Hosts welcome attendees and introduce the presenter & topic
8:10-9:20 Presentation and Discussion/Q&A. Computer/Projector/Screen/White Board are available. We will work with you to determine/meet your needs.
9:25 Closing remarks & Announcements by Chamber/SBDC
Not a presenter yourself, but you know a great topic or speaker? Pass this invitation along or contact us to make a suggestion.
To download a PDF version of this Request for Proposals, Click Here.
Business Smarts is sponsored by the Shenandoah Valley Small Business Development Center (SV SBDC), the Harrisonburg-Rockingham Chamber of Commerce (HRCC), and the Shenandoah Valley Chapter of SCORE