The Advisory Council was formed in 1996* to increase the effectiveness of the Shenandoah Valley Small Business Development Center by utilizing the knowledge and experience of leading business, educational, and economic development organizations in the communities served by the Center.
- Mary Ann Alger - Business Consultant
- Mary Lou Bourne - JMU Office of Technology Transfer
- Eddie Bumbaugh - Harrisonburg Downtown Renaissance
- Katrina Didot - A Bowl of Good
- Eugene Diener - LD&B Insurance Agency, Inc.
- Kevin Flint - BB&T Bank
- Kim Foreman – JMU College of Business
- Greg Godsey - Union First Market Bank
- Richard Halterman – Murphy Business Brokers
- Carol Hamilton – JMU Center for Entrepreneurship
Daniel Martin, CPA - PBMares, LLP
- – Rockingham County
- Kenneth Newbold – JMU Research and Public Service
- Jonah Pence - Farmers & Merchants Bank
- Scott Rogers - Funkhouser & Co Real Estate
- William Roy – Immerge Technologies, Inc
- Brian Shull - City of Harrisonburg
- Jeff Smith, CPA - Brown, Edwards & Company, LLP
- Lang Smith – Union First Market Bank
- Dennis Burnette - Shenandoah Valley Partnership
- Frank Tamberrino - Harrisonburg-Rockingham Chamber of Commerce
- Ryan Waid - BotkinRose PLC
*The Advisory Council was known as the Entrepreneurship and Small Business Executive Council (ESBEC) from 1996-2005.